Friday, November 28, 2008

I will not Knowingly Associate with People who don't Understand we all Share the Same Humanity

I was speaking with my parents in October and discussing gay marriage. The P.C. term is "Marriage Equality." When they readily admitted they were against gay marriage, I realized they had not grown intellectually as the years past.

(Note: I have not spoken with them for years because of their bigotry and intolerance towards me since I'm gay. The way I look at it is, homophobic people will many times shut out their gay children or siblings from their lives and in reverse, I choose to shut out my heterosexual parents. The reason I do this is, I don't like being around people who pretend to accept me but in reality do not. They'll say things like they accept me but not others. We love you unconditionally but we will vote against gay marriage. To me, this is disgusting. I decided to give them one more try and I started talking to them in August, September and October of 2008.)

In late October, after my mom told me she would vote against gay marriage, I said to her, "I don't associate with people with low morals and ethics."

I will probably not speak to them ever again.

No comments: