Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Transgender Thanksgiving

I invited two of my transgender friends over for Thanksgiving. I think it was my favorite Thanksgiving to date. If my parents would invited transgender people at their Thanksgiving dinner, it would be due to charity. (Actually, I'm not sure if they know what transgender is.) I had two transgender girls over because they are my friends.

What does transgender mean? Gender is in your head and sex is between your legs. Basically, if I was transgender (born with male parts), that means I was born with a female brain which is why I would not be interested in my sexual organ. Or if I transgender and I was born with female parts, that would mean I was born with a male brain and I would prefer male parts. A transgender person can be straight, lesbian, gay or bisexual.

Back to Thanksgiving. My one friend brought her cute Pomeranian dog, we drank a little bit of wine, talked and had a very pleasant time. We all have activism in common with each other which was another thing allowing us to feel very at home with each other. We all work in all our own individual ways to get out the word we share all one humanity.

It was an almost all organic Thanksgiving. I made everything from scratch. My menu consisted of turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, a layered green salad, cranberry sauce, deviled eggs, hot cider (with Mulling Spices) and pumpkin pie.

No comments: