Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Did You Know There are Three States That Currently (October 2008) Have Propositions Trying to Make Marriage Between a Man and a Women only?

Right now, Arizona, California and Florida have propositions which if pass will make marriage between and man and a woman, only. Did I tell you I spoke with my homophobic mother (who is now trying to be less homophobic towards me) two weeks ago and she told me that she loved me unconditionally and only wanted the best for me.

"The Best," I quote her. I asked her, "Would you vote for gay marriage in Florida, 'yes' or 'no?'" Without any hesitation, she said, "No." Do you think my mother knows that I know she is lying to me when she says she wants the best for me?

It's time to revisit the past. Harvey Milk (May 22, 1930 – November 27, 1978) was "the first openly gay man to be elected to public office in California, as a member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Milk

Please see this youtube.com video which has excerpts from one of Harvey Milk's speeches here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvfexvihri8

No comments: